Fire Burn has always been a general concern for us. Right from woman cooking to the people working with fire generating devices, everybody gets a fire burn when they accidentally touch the stove or a hot burner getting a burn in a hand or legs.
In the end, the fire burn has touched everyone’s life one day or the other.
Sitting in office, i received an email from my peer on how to treat a minor fire burn? The Email contained information of Egg Whites helping out in reducing the impacts of fire burn.
Confused with the solution as the topic was new to me, i investigated on the possibility of Egg whites healing a fire burn.
Surprisingly, i came across various articles online and also from ehow on the same notes of treating a minor fire burn.
As a journo myself, i am giving out the instructions below to you folks on how to treat a minor fire burn.
However, the Egg white treatment should not be attempted with major burns. Spraying cool water on major burns is strictly infectious to health and it might cause you a state of shock, warns doctors.
Steps to treat a minor fire burn
- Make a paste of equal parts baking soda and water. For example, mix 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 cold tablespoon water. Put it in a plastic container or bowl and mix together. Apply it gently to minor burns and cover it for about 10 minutes. Rinse the paste off with cool water and cover the wound with gauze or bandage. Wear protective clothing afterward to avoid exposing the burn to the sun.
- Run cool water over the burn for several minutes. Treat the burn with aloe vera or another cooling spray. Aloe vera is soothing and healing to burns. Take Tylenol or aspirin to relive the pain of sunburn or burns. Cover the wound with gauze or bandage loosely.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk from the egg whites. Put the egg whites into separate containers. Using a soft cloth or paper towel apply the egg white directly to the burn. When it dries, reapply it again. Do not rinse it off, but gently rub off the egg white. Cover the burn loosely with a bandage.
- Cut a tomato into wedges or slices. Rub the tomato over the burn. The acid from the tomato will soothe the burning and prevent blistering.
- Run cold water over the burn for several minutes. Do not apply ice, as it can damage the skin. Apply Vitamin E or any antibacterial cream designed for treating burns. Often called triple antibacterial ointment, these cremes are soothing and heal burns effectively.
If you encountered any burns, We would recommend you to do the First aid and see the doctor right away. As burns no-matter minor or major is a burn in the end.