Wednesday , 13 November 2019
Breaking News
Home » Science/Tech » Apple & Samsung Enjoys 55% of Smartphone Market, 90% of it’s Profits!

Apple & Samsung Enjoys 55% of Smartphone Market, 90% of it’s Profits!

Apple and Samsung captured 55% of smartphone market, 90% of its profitsApple and Samsung are the king and queen of the smartphone market. They are now commanding 55% of the smartphone market and makes 90% of its profits, which leaves a measly 10% to the rest 45%.

Smartphone have continued to grow massively every quarter. The above are the reports from the first quarter of 2012.

Smartphone shipments have been growing 41 percent year-over-year to 144.6 million in the quarter ending in March 2012, but other smartphone OEMs continue to trail far behind the two market leaders.

Apple’s 2012 first quarter global iPhone shipments were 35 million units, while Samsung with its huge selection of Android devices shipped 43 million units. In third is Nokia, which shipped 11.9 million units, followed close behind by RIM with 11.1 million units, Sony with 7 million units, Huawei with 6.8 million units, and ZTE with 4.9 million units.

Only Samsung and Sony experienced sequential growth in global shipments from the previous quarter, while Nokia saw a 40 percent drop, bringing it closer to RIM, which saw a 20 percent decline. Analysts see a grim outlook for Nokia this year. The company is set to cut 10,000 jobs and has sold its Vertu division of luxury handsets.

“At this point in the year, Nokia will have to grow its Windows Phone business 5000% in 2012 just to offset its declines in Symbian shipments,” said ABI Research senior analyst Michael Morgan.

Related stories:

Cameras to study glaciers melting in Himalayas
What is my IP address?
Google Shuts Down Google Desktop and 9 Other Services!
Coming Soon: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Huawei To Ship 100+ Million Smartphones this year
Apple Paid Only 1.9% Tax Outside US!
Google working on secret "X Phone"?
Amanda Rosenberg - Google Sergey Brin's New Girlfriend?