ACM Awards 2013 has been handed out. Academy of Country Music Awards 2013 has announced the Entertainer of the Year as Luke Bryan, who also co-hosted the April 7 show with Blake Shelton.
Blake Shelton won the fan-voted award defeating the likes of Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, etc., Blake Shelton broke happy tears, crying he said, “I don’t know what to say, guys.” He added, “Thank you so much for making my life what it is…This is the defining moment of my life and it means the world to me.”
Aldean, however, triumphed over Bryan in Male Vocalist of the Year category, which was presented by Willie and Korie Robertson of “Duck Dynasty” earlier that night. “I love what I do and I appreciate you guys letting me do it,” the “Take a Little Ride” singer said.
Aldean bagged another trophy from the event as his song “The Only Way I Know”, which features Bryan and Eric Church, was named Vocal Event of the Year. The prize was handed out on the red carpet before the live telecast.
Another winner with multiple prizes was Miranda Lambert, who was chosen as Female Vocalist of the Year. She didn’t expect it since she thought Carrie Underwood would’ve won it and said “she damn well deserved it.”
Lambert bagged two other prizes for Song of the Year and Single of the Year through “Over You”, which she co-wrote with her husband Shelton. The Pistol Annies member admitted, “As a songwriter, having your song and your lyrics recognized by your peers is pretty much as good as it gets. And I’m so thankful for being in this genre of country music, every single time someone’s nominated, I just cheer, because I love everybody to death.”
Little Big Town and Florida Georgia Line scored two each. The former won Vocal Group of the Year and Video of the Year for “Tornado” clip, while the relatively newcomer was dubbed New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year and New Artist of the Year.
Brantley Gilbert and Jana Kramer, who were also vying for the best new artist title, were chosen as New Male and Female Vocalist of the Year respectively.
Another coveted title, Album of the Year, went to Eric Church for his third studio installment “Chief”. “I can’t believe I just met John Fogerty. We should hang out later,” he jokingly started his speech, referring to the rocker who presented the prize along with Lambert.
The 48th annual ACM Awards also paid tribute to Dick Clark. Reba McEntire got emotional when introducing the segment, saying, “He would slap me if he saw me crying up here.” Garth Brooks and George Strait, this year’s Artist of the Decade honorees, sang “The Cowboy Rides Away” to honor the late TV host.
Stevie Wonder wrapped up the show with “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”, joined by Hunter Hayes on drums. Jewel Kilcker, Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and John Mayer were among other musical performers on the evening.
Check-out the winners list below:
- Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Jason Aldean
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Thompson Square
- Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town
- New Male Vocalist of the Year: Brantley Gilbert
- New Female Vocalist of the Year: Jana Kramer
- New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year:Florida Georgia Line
- New Artist of the Year: Florida Georgia Line
- Album of the Year: “Chief” – Eric Church (EMI-Nashville, prod. by Jay Joyce)
- Single Record of the Year: “Over You” - Miranda Lambert (RCA, prod. by Chuck Ainlay, Frank Liddell, Glenn Worf)
- Song of the Year: “Over You” – Miranda Lambert (Composers: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton)
- Songwriter of the Year: Dallas Davidson
- Video of the Year: “Tornado” – Little Big Town
- Vocal Event of the Year: “The Only Way I Know” – Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan & Eric Church