Disney celebrates the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean-On stranger tides on high note after the movie crosses $1 Billion.
The movie which was released in May 20, 2011 , has never looked back since its release. Although the movie was highly expected and fan favorite, in order to cross $1 billion needs some real hard job.
The gross earning helps the movie to gain the 3 rd spot in all time high earnings. The movie is only next to Avatar and Titanic in the line. While the former Avatar movie had grossed an overall $2.02 Billion in earning, the latter Titanic had earned $1.24 Billion.
Yahoo News reports some fun “On Stranger Tides” fast facts:
* Eighth film in history to reach the $1 billion threshold.
* Third Disney film in less than 18 months to gross $1 billion globally (“Alice in Wonderland” was the other).
* The Walt Disney Studios’ fourth title to earn $1 billion.
* No. 3 film of all time at the international box office.
* Crossed the $500 million international threshold in a record-setting 14 days.
* Crossed the $800 million global threshold in only 20 days, the second fastest ever to reach this milestone.
* Set a new industry speed record by crossing the $700 million global threshold in only 16 days.
* Disney’s biggest international release ever.
* The biggest “Pirates of the Caribbean” installment in 58 territories.
* Highest-grossing Disney film ever released in China and Russia.
* Nearing $100 million in Japan, where it’s been No. 1 for all six weeks of release.