- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove turkey from its wrapping and remove neck and giblets from inside the cavity. Set aside to make gravy later
- Rinse turkey inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put oven rack on lowest level of oven
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Rub the outside of the turkey with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper the turkey’s body and cavity. Use the salt and pepper to taste. Remember, if you add too much you can ruin the taste, but you can always add extra later.
- Roast turkey about 3 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 to 180 degrees F.
Find out more ways to cook the turkey in an oven by Clicking Here