Designation: Scientists / Senior Scientists – Search Sciences – Yahoo! Labs – Bangalore, India
Web Search is at the forefront Internet research. Web Search is in its infancy and the underlying scientific foundations more so.Next-generation Web Search will be shaped by ideas from machine learning, web mining, computational linguistics, algorithms, and more. Making this happen at web-scale, which means hundreds of millions of users and billions of pages, is also an enormous challenge. Naturally, we believe in THINKING BIG.
If you are excited about working with world-class researchers in this area, taking leadership in creating a new science and making your mark, Y! Labs India is the place for you. We also actively collaborate with leading university professors and researchers from around the world. The current focus of the group is on Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Classification, and Multimedia. If you are interested, please send your resume to [HIDDEN TEXT]
Essential responsibilities include:
* Working with other researchers (small multi-disciplinary teams) in Y! Labs to identify relevant problems and invent new solutions in Search Sciences.
* Conducting world-class research and publish in top-tier conferences (KDD, WWW, SIGIR, ICML, ICDM etc.) and journals.
* Generating IP for Yahoo! by filing patents.
* Working with and guiding research engineers to implement/prototype your idea and transferring technology to product groups.
* Working with engineering and product units to transfer technology.
* A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Demonstrable expertise in one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Web Mining, Computational Linguistics, or Algorithms.
* Strong publication record in leading conferences and journals in the above fields.
* Ability to work independently while being part of a team, and perform research that is justified and guided by business opportunities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Prior experience with web and web-scale data will be a plus.
NOTE: This position is based in Bangalore, India.If interested, kindly send in your updated resume to: [HIDDEN TEXT]Also, kindly forward the same to your friends / colleagues who match the requirement.Thanks for your precious time in reading this through.
Sunil D Cruz Harry
At Yahoo!, we look at life in a different way. Everything inspires us: from a train ticket to the beverage we drink. Equations, Algorithms, Indexes, Terabytes of data; we see them everywhere. No wonder our product teams in Bangalore have been able to churn out a host of innovations: Yahoo! Podcasts, Yahoo! Audio Search, Yahoo! Hotjobs, Yahoo! SpamGuard+, Behavioral Targeting, consumer centric data driven products and marketing applications to name a few. So to name a few. So, if you wish to get aboard the innovation engine, just walk-in at the below mentioned venue. The Yahoo! saga began as the result of the passion two Stanford research students had for the Internet. What started as a hobby for David Filo and Jerry Yang soon turned out be one of the biggest success stories in the history of the Internet, touching the lives of more than 345 million people worldwide.
Set up in 2000, Yahoo! India is a subsidiary of Yahoo! Inc providing Internet services, technological tools and marketing solutions for businesses both in India and internationally. It offers an array of products and services such as Search,Communications services like mail, messenger, calendar, chat, greetings, clubs, and photos, and various commercial services,such as shopping, auctions, finance, and travel, as well as content and media programming services such as sports, cricket, music, movies, news, jobs, greetings, matrimony and games through partnerships with various content providers.
Yahoo! Research & Development India
The Yahoo R&D center’s core activity includes developing innovative technologies and global product platforms for Yahoo Inc. The R&D center focuses on Product Engineering, Technology Research, Market Innovation and Engineering Services.The Product Engineering Group builds global platforms and applications for high quality software systems. The group works in partnership with businesses to meet evolving market challenges and co-ordinate with engineering teams worldwide. The Technology Research Group builds high-value technologies that improve or change user behavior. The Market Innovation Group aims at establishing value propositions for technologies in user and business analysis.
Good problem solving skills
Good communication skills
Internet industry experience a plus
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science with 0 to 3 years work experience.
Experience: 0 – 9Years
Functional Area: Application Programming, Maintenance
UG – B.Sc
PG – M.S/M.D
Yahoo! Software Development India Pvt. Ltd.
Sunil D Cruz Harry
Source: This job opportunity was orignally found in the following site and the credit goes to them