Now, that must be embarrassing. A New Zealand truck driver after he accidentally fell onto a compressed air hose that priced his buttock and blew him up like a balloon as air was forced into his body at 100 pounds a square inch.
Even though this might seem a little funny, it is actually very dangerous. Steven McCormack the truck driver said that he could feel that he was going to blow up from his feet.
“I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot,” he told local media from his hospital bed in the town of Whakatane, on North Island’s east coast.
“I was blowing up like a football,” he said. “I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon.”
Luckily, for Steven his colleagues heard his scream and quickly came to his rescue. They immediately released the safety valve to stop the air from flowing into his body.
He was quickly rushed to a hospital where the doctors found out that there was terrible swelling and fluid in one lung. The air had separated fat from muscle in his body but it didn’t enter his bloodstream.
Steven also said that he felt like “pork roast” as the compressed air entered his body.